Mercedes Benz Star DIAGNOSTIC, DAS XENTRY PassThru J2534 Remote Program Setup Install Activation
You need to download team viewer
Install Latest Version of Teamviewer
Leave login info in notes at order payment
We can remotely login and Activate Latest XENTRY on your Laptop
No Physical product is shipped here unless order a VCI or Laptop at the same time.
We Supply the Activation of the software Remotely via Teamviewer login info you supply at order time
Why use the old software when you can be using the latest version.
Note this is for XENTRY Activation that supports vehicles up to 2020.06 Build
In accordance with the EC directives (715/2007, 692/2008, 595/2009, 582/2011 and 64/2012), we offer a special diagnosis solution for standard PCs that is intended exclusively for independent market participants: XENTRY Pass Thru EU
To operate this variant of XENTRY Diagnosis, it is not necessary to have XENTRY Kit | Kit 2 or XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 3 hardware or a XENTRY multiplexer (SDconnect, XENTRY Connect, XENTRY Diagnosis VCI).
Scope of functionality and diagnosis in XENTRY Pass Thru EU:
· Nearly the complete diagnostic scope (quick test, basic diagnosis, flashing & coding control units, reading/deleting fault memories, guided and functional diagnosis, DAS4 services), with the exception of technical restrictions due to the Pass Thru devices:
- Only single-channel quick test and functional diagnosis only (therefore longer runtime)
- Basic diagnosis in XENTRY Diagnosis only
- Key programming and DAS4 services in XENTRY Diagnosis only
- No Diagnosis over IP (Ethernet) "DoIP", i.e. no Flashing of Headunit and Instrument Cluster for model series starting with facelift 213, 223
· All passenger car model series certified to Euro 5 and 6 (Mercedes-Benz and smart) by Diagnosis over CAN (no DoIP, please see above)
· All van model series certified to Euro 5 and 6 (Mercedes-Benz) by Diagnosis over CAN (no DoIP, please see above)
· All commercial vehicle model series certified to Euro VI (Mercedes-Benz and EvoBus brands) by Diagnosis over CAN (no DoIP, please see above).
XENTRY Pass Thru EU does not support any model series and model designations other than those specified above. If you require the full scope of diagnosis for all model series and model designations, we refer you to our standard diagnosis solution XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 3.
- Retrieve OE DTC with code Definition
- Link DTC to service information
- Customizable PID display
- Pressure/Vacuum Tests
- Programmable Module Installation (PMI) procedures
- Module Reprogramming (Reflash)
- Supplemental restraints initialization
- Programmable Parameters ( ability to change in service settings ie, tire size, personality, customer convenience etc.)
- Anti-theft System Functions
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Restraints (supplemental restraints and seat belts)
- ABS Service Bleed
- ABS/ Brake system functions
- IVD Initialization Sequence
- Ride Height Calibration ( for vehicles with pneumatic or hydraulic ride height controls)
- Cruise Control System tests
- Tire pressure monitor functions
- Electronic Ride control
- Charging System Tests
- Parking Aid Tests
- EVAP Evaporative Emission Control System
- Fuel System Test/Relative Injector Flow Test
- Bi-directional control of fuel components
- Bi-directional Ignition System control
- Power Balance Test
- Transmission bi-directional Tests
- Engine Checks and OBD Tests (Drive Cycle, Mode 01, Mode 06 & Mode 09)
- EGR Test
- Basic DMM functions
- Current measurements (50 Amps/500 Amps)
- Pressure/Vacuum measurements
- NOT SUPPORTED
- Xentry Passthru definition
1. Xentry Passthru definition
“Xentry Pass Thru” is the Mercedes-Benz brand’s diagnostics and repair solutions for the Independent Repairers carrying out servicing and repairs for euro 5 and 6 certified passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
The software is used to process coding, programming and enable dependent control modules for euro 5 and 6 certified passenger cars and commercial vehicles
- Xentry Diagnostics definition
2. Xentry Diagnostics definition
Xentry Diagnostics is the complete diagnosis system that is used to troubleshoot Mercedes-Benz car problems and is the official Mercedes-Benz dealer software.
- Their differences in functions, features, and coverage
3. Xentry Passthru and Xentry Diagnostics are different in functions, features, and coverage
1). Different functions Xentry Passthru has nearly the complete diagnostic scope: quick test basic diagnosis flashing & coding control units reading/deleting fault memory guided and functional diagnosis, DAS4 services with the exception of technical restrictions due to the Pass Thru devices: Only single-channel quick test and functional diagnosis (therefore longer runtime) Basic diagnosis only in XENTRY Diagnostics Key programming and DAS4 services only in XENTRY Diagnosis
2) Different coverage A. Xentry Passthru coverage Xentry Passthru covers all modules. The only difference is it only covers CAN modules and you can use any J2534 device (such as V2018.3 Multi-Di@g Access J2534 Pass-Thru OBD2 Device) with it. So 2006 and up vehicles.
Technically yes, but it is artificially restricted according to the StartKey you are assigned based off of your HWID number given to Daimler, which in the US is restricted to emissions-related control modules before MY 2018.
But if you activate it with developer keys then you have access to all modules and all vehicles. IMPORTANT: Xentry passthru does not supported this vehicles in DAS:
– Bharat Benz – Foton – Fuso – LKW – IMO – Unimog – PKW using HHT
Also, won’t cover special function unless you use full size Stand Alone DAS.
Xentry XODS is compatible with Mercedes-Benz Passenger car, van, truck, unimogs, buses, super sports cars, industrial major assembikes.
Images mean a lot:
- Xentry Passthru FAQ
4. Xentry Passthru FAQ All PassThru versions works as good and as same as SDconnect C4 units? – for xentry, i check all diag files are identical with open shell. – for das, it is not as complete as openshell with sd4. see note above. passthru limited to obd2 vehicles only, pkw,transp, smart. – passthru device can’t be used with vediamo and dts monaco.
This is pass thru version is there a other version for diagnose for pass thru device??? so 1 dvd diagnose other dvd for programming? only 1 dvd mate. Sdflash folder for programming is include in it. the using of xentry passthru version is like the xentry open shell version only it is using passthru devices.
- Which is Best OS to use for Xentry Pathru or XDOS
Latest 2020 or higher Version is best on win 10 64 Bit
for older version they run in win 7 Best 32 or 64 Bit
- Whats the Best VCI to use on Xentry Pass Thru and XDOS
All Pass thru Interfaces can be used using the J2534 Driver for Xentry Passthru
for XDOS can use C4 or C6 Sd Connect
- Mercedes Star Diagnostic Scanner Tool – Everything you need to know
If you own a Mercedes-Benz and are looking to do your own repairs you may have heard about Mercedes Star Diagnostic (SD) scanners C3 and C4. In this article, we discuss the advantages of Mercedes Star Diagnostic scanner including things that you need to keep in mind before you buy a MB Star Diagnostic scanner. A list of top alternative scanners to Star Diagnostic is included as well. Note that this article is not written to approve or sell any of the scanners mentioned here including Star Diagnostic Scanner. We share our experience and research of diagnostic scanners and hope to help you the Mercedes-Benz owner who are looking to perform your own MB repairs and diagnostics.
- Mercedes Star Diagnostic Tool and Software
Let’s first explain what Star Diagnostic SD (C3 or C4 SD Connect) tool is for those who may be wondering. This is the diagnostic scanner that is used at Mercedes-Benz dealerships and some auto repair shops. It can also be purchased by independent shops. These scanners include the hardware and Xentry which is the software that is used to troubleshoot the problems in any Mercedes-Benz. Original units can be purchased at STAR Tekinfo which is the official Mercedes-Benz site that offers technical documents, special tool and diagnostic software.
Mercedes-Benz Scanner MB-Star Diagnostic allows you to read and erase fault codes from any control unit in your Mercedes-Benz. With Star Diagnostic scanner you can read the actual configurations in each system, stream real time sensor data, activate sensors and perform SCN online, SCN offline coding and programming.
- Mercedes Star Diagnostic for Sale
If you search the online resellers you will find Mercedes Star Diagnsotic C3 and C4 listed for sale. You have to be careful when buying online as many of these units may not be original.
- Advantages of Star Diagnostic Scanner
This scanner is used by the dealer and it allow you to access and troubleshoot any system or control system in your Mercedes-Benz. Activate any sensor in the car, perform initiation test, stream live sensor data and also read and clear fault codes. If you own a shop who focuses on Mercedes-Benz cars then this is a must for you. Get it via official channels so that you can perform online SCN coding. All MB SD control units are accessible, like engine ECU, ABS, Airbags, SRS, Aircon, Immobilizer, Keyless Entry and the rest of 40+ control units used in MB cars. You can Read / Delete Faults, Live Data, perform sensor actuation, read current configuration, initialaztion and a lot more.
- Things to consider before you buy one!
If you are looking to purchase a Star Diagnostic System with Xentry for Mercedes-Benz there are a few things you need to consider.
Learning Curve: In order to use the diagnostic scanner properly you need to learn how to use the Xentry software. While reading, clearing fault codes is not very difficult anything besides that requires that you have proper training. Yes, you can find a few guides online on how to perform certain programming using Xentry but if you don’t perform the programming accurately you may end up causing more problem than you solve.
Consider Genuine Scanner: The only problem is that they are quite expensive and require a yearly license. If you are considering to buy a clone of the scanner made in China keep the following concerns in mind.
SCN Online Coding: Unless you buy the scanner from the official Mercedes-Benz source, you will not be able to perform SCN coding of control units. That’s because Mercedes Star Diagnostic scanner will try to connect to Mercedes-Benz database for verification of SCN code in order to program certain control units. That is not possible unless you have purchased a valid license. With that said there may be some basic coding and programming of control units that can be done but this programming can also be performed with other advanced scanners.
- What is DAS?
What is DAS? – Diagnostic Assistance System – This is the full diagnostic system for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. All functions for diagnosis including reprogramming, configuration, initialization, fault diagnosis and guided diagnostic tests are contained within DAS.
- All control unit software (reprogramming calibrations) is contained within the DAS software which is distributed monthly via DVD media.
- All access and functionality required in regard the configuration via SCN Coding and/or CVN Coding is covered.
- What is WIS-NET?
What is WIS-NET? – Workshop Information System – This is the complete workshop information system as developed by DaimlerChrysler for use in the servicing of Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Contained within are installation instructions, procedures, functional and technical specifications. There is some linkage from certain procedures in DAS to respective documents in WIS.
- What can Mercedes Star Diagnostic Tool do?
What can Mercedes Star Diagnostic Tool do? The system offers total diagnostic coverage of all engine, chassis and body systems:
- Reading and re-setting of diagnostic trouble codes (DTC)
- Real-time reading of dynamic data
- Full component activation clearing and re-setting of adaptation values
- Coding of all engine, chassis, body and instrumentation modules
- Key configuration
- Procedure for fitting Mercedes- Benz accessories through the D2B ring and MOST bus
- Total ASSYST / ASSYST + control (Active Service System) to update on board service history
- What is Workshop Green Key?
This is a unique one-time key from the factory which is necessary in certain situations such as:
- Disabling a key track
- Replacing the ECU
- Replacing security related control units
- Replacing EIS
Typically the workshop key and EIS must be ordered togheter and the green key is used to perform the final programing of the EIS.
- What does it mean MARRYING a VIRGIN ECU and EIS?
What does it mean MARRYING a VIRGIN ECU and EIS? The ME (ECU=Engine Control Unit) and EIS (Electronic Ignition System) control module are electronically permanently married to each other after 40 engine starts. There is no factory procedure to undo this. This means that a used engine EIS or DAS control unit cannot be used on another vehicle. A new control unit can be installed for testing provided the 40 engine starts are not exceeded. Note that the new control unit must be variant coded before it can be used. If the 40 engine start cycles are not completed successfully resetting the counter to 0 (removing the version coding) is possible if you disconnect the power from the ECU for at least 45 minutes.
- What model years does Star Diagnostic Scanner work with?
What model years does Star Diagnostic Scanner work with? The Star Scanner should work on cars from 1989 up to 2015 for Mercedes Cars, Buses, Trucks, Sprinter Vans, Smart cars, Etc.
After 20 Xentry came out and is used now
- What can I do with Star Diagnostic SD Connect Scanner C3 & C4 C6 Pass Thru?
- Reading/Erasing Trouble Codes
- Read Live Data
- Adaption of Modules
- Coding/Programming of Modules
- Component Testing
- Maintenance Information Consultation
- What is Xentry?
What is Xentry? New software released by Benz Company after 04/2009 by diagnosis new cars. WIS.net : Workshop Information System EPC.net: Electronic Parts Catalogue STAR UTILITIES: the movement management system and self-test DAS: the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System ST Finder 2008: Part location finder
- What is Smart TAN Code?
What is Smart TAN Code? It openes special function in DAS program with Smart cars 450/451/452/454 Developer model: Mercedes-Benz engineer mode, remove limitations and open more functions.
- What is Benz Disassembly system?
What is Benz Disassembly system? Video lessons to teach you how to remove each part from Benz cars with details order steps.
- Which control units can MB Star Diagnostic Scanner with Xentry troubleshoot?
Which control units can MB Star Diagnostic Scanner with Xentry troubleshoot?
- Engines (All Gasoline & Diesel Systems)
- Transmissions and Electronic Selector Modules
- Airmatic and Active Body Control Suspension Systems
- Traction Systems: ESP / ASR / ETS / ABS / BAS / SBC braking systems
- Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS) / Airbag, All body modules OCP / UCP / LCP / SCM / SKF / KFB / RCM / DCM’s
- Drive Authorisation System
- Sam (Signal Acquisition) Modules
- Electronic Ignition System (EIS)
- Pneumatic System Equipment and ATA functions
- Air Conditioning / climate control Systems
- Instrument Cluster
- Tyre Pressure Control
- Parktronic System
- Keyless Go
- D2b Command & Audio Gateway (D2B and MOST networks)
- TV Tuner
- Headlamp Range Adjustment
- Seat Electronics
- Rvc, RST & Vario Roof modules
- Automatic Clutch System ACS
- M-Class Body Modules (AAM / EAM / DAS / SEM / VG Transfer Case)
- Assyst & ASSYST + systems