Thursday, December 3, 2020
This document contains the following information:
|New features included in this release
||Issues fixed in this release
||Known issues in this release
NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be compatible with this update. A separate application 'Activation of Smartphone Pack' needs to be run on the diagnostic tool to activate the features.
Smartphone park will be available for customer vehicles that have the following:
- Equipped with InControl© Touch Pro and 10.2-inch touchscreen or duel screens.
- Equipped with front UIP with OnTheGo-enabled USB ports.
The artwork from the media source will now be used on the 'Now Playing' screen to provide improved customer experience.
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
Rear seat entertainment will now have arrows to allow the customer to scroll through the media screens.
ONLINE MEDIA PLAYER
Audio streaming from TuneIn Radio and Deezer will be supported through online media.
SMS Receive And Send will be supported with the following features:
- Text messages can now be read out to a user.
- Users may also choose to respond to a text with a predefined message (chosen from a list), or to call back.
- Users may also choose to send predefined SMS text messages to any contact from the phonebook.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- A Phone does not automatically connect after startup.
- The Bluetooth® audio view is displayed in Day Mode when they have selected the Night Mode.
- While scrolling up/down the songs continuously, the Browse screen can freeze and the Bluetooth® Audio screen will not work until the system is rebooted.
- A sudden loss of Bluetooth® functionality that they can only recover by disconnecting and reconnecting their device to the vehicle.
- The Bluetooth® browse view screen is blank even though there is audio from their Bluetooth® device.
- On selecting Live, a message comes on stating 'Live unavailable'.
- On selecting Web Browser, a message comes on stating 'Web Browser Unavailable'.
- The valet mode can not be unlocked after entering the Personal Identification Number (PIN).
FORWARD TRAFFIC DETECTION
- A long delay in hearing the audible alerts after the visual alerts are displayed.
- The audio button in the InControl© app screen displays as disabled even though a song is playing.
- When playing media using the InControl© app, the media information is not displaying correctly on the touchscreen.
- That no media information is displayed on the instrument cluster.
- When playing a CD on shuffle, they cannot select a song to queue on the cluster.
(FLEMISH LANGUAGE AND 8 INCH SCREEN ONLY)
- The Flemish keyboard is not displayed correctly.
- The customer is unable to rip a CD to the media player until they eject and reinsert the disk.
- When using speech and play genre function, a different track plays to the one expected.
- When using speech voice control, the media plays shows 'Empty songs list' even though there should be songs there.
- It is not possible to play a track from the genre screen.
- A Video Inhibit message is constantly shown on any video source in a manual vehicle. This concern results in the customer being unable to watch video playback on the touchscreen.
AMPLITUDE MODULATION (AM), FREQUENCY MODULATION (FM) AND HIGH DEFINITION (HD) RADIO
- The FM band is highlighted when the Japanese traffic channel (1620 or 1629) is selected as favorite and tuned from the favorite list.
- In the ‘Now playing’ screen, default album art is overlapped on the frequency displayed for Japanese traffic channel 1620.
- The message ‘Announcement in progress’ is displayed in White to the front passenger while in dual view and Day Mode, rendering it invisible.
- The Radio screen freezes and can not be changed for an ignition cycle.
- When switching from USB to DAB, the touchscreen goes blank for a number of minutes.
SATELLITE DIGITAL AUDIO RADIO SERVICE (SDARS)
- The SDARS menu options are missing and channel detail text is empty, meaning the customer is unable to use the SDARS feature.
- (Dual Screen systems only) One screen will show a no subscription message while the other screen does not, making the status of the system unclear to the customer.
- The air distribution to the front windshield icon turns to a white square when selecting it to switch on.
- When the 'Fuel heater for timed climate' option is changed to ON, the option immediately switches back off, meaning timed climate cannot be used with the Fuel Fired Booster Heater (FFBH).
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT (RSE)
- When browsing Bluetooth® media, connected to the RSE, from the vehicle's front touchscreen, there are blank lines between songs.
- A black screen on switching between two HDMI sources, the system needs to be restarted to recover the screen.
- It is not possible to select source and favorites for RSE on the vehicle's front touchscreen after they have launched SDARS.
- The seats feature crashes while selecting Temperature ON/OFF in Driver zone and Rear Left seat zone.
- On the Seat Fold Screen, Fold-All and Unfold-All buttons are displayed instead of the Fold and Unfold buttons when a seat is selected.
- (Vehicles with RSE only) The heated seats cannot be controlled from the rear screens. The customer can still control the heated seats from the front screens.
- (Vehicles with RSE only) That when the front screen is used to adjust the massage function in the rear seat, the rear screen may not display the correct seat massage information.
- The customer may have noticed that attempts to change language for speech fail, and the incorrect language setting is stored within the InControl© Touch Pro System. The customer may be unable to use speech features after the failed language change.
- (China Navigation only) It is not possible to set a Point of interest (POI) using speech service.
- (Mandarin speech only) It is not possible to use the speech Help feature.
- The I-Pace the shutdown screen is missing.
- The system can take around 16 seconds to shut down.
- It is not possible to use Media after exiting Valet Mode.
- The system is reboots on a click to the back button after changing the language to Russian.
- When the system language has been set as French, text in the Side Panel is still presented to the customer in English. This concern results in the customer not receiving information in their required language.
- After a phone call is ended the phone screen remains displayed for one or 2 ignition cycles.
- When manually dialling a number, sometimes the call will not be made.
- Sometimes the phone book will not automatically download from a device paired immediately after a different device is unpaired.
- The in InControl© touch Pro Duo the lower screen displays incorrect colors for an ignition cycle.
KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
NO CHARGING ONLY OPTION ON POP UP MESSAGE WHEN A PHONE IS CONNECTED TO THE VEHICLE.
After updating to phase 4, there will be a constant pop up message when plugging a phone into the vehicle if the customer only wishes to charge their phone and not use a smartphone app. This is planed to be fixed in the next release
CLIMATE SYNC BUTTON MISSING AFTER UPDATE TO PHASE 4
The Climate Sync button is not available on the screen layout of Evoque vehicles that are updated to phase 4. This issue is currently under investigation.
(RSE VEHICLES WITH TV ONLY)
SOME VEHICLE CAN NOT DISPLAY THE SAME TV CHANNEL ACROSS ALL 3 SCREENS
This is planed to be fixed in a future release